VocalEyes – Computer Vision for the Blind
April 10, 2018
The Mission: Empowering the Blind
Sight is a gift, not a necessity. We want to help the blind navigate the world without the absence of vision holding them back.
- The app uses a proprietary machine learning algorithm to help the blind identify objects in their daily lives. The simple UI allows users to take a picture and listen to what the camera sees. You can download the app here.
- The hardware product will provide extremely fast object recognition, as well as implement live recognition to provide continuous feedback about your surroundings.
- They have grown the team since LaunchX summer, adding a couple of team members.
- The team has been nominated for Forbes 30 Under 30.
- In addition to already launching on the App store in such a short time, they have already achieved over 6,000 downloads.
The Team: Neil Deshmukh, Mahmood Alfayoumi, and Marwan Refaat
Mahmood has previously shared his insights on how to build a great team dynamic.